Ok, now they’ve done it! Somebody went and sent me an award for the blog. It’s actually from Alice at Reiki Awakenings, now I have to include 10 other people, so this is going to be fun. Mostly because I have an eclectic interest in this particular arena. I’m truly honored to receive this award, because I get so much out of putting my thoughts in writing that I don’t really worry about who’s reading it or if it’s any good. So this is just a great big cherry on top of my double chocolate fudge cake. 🙂
So now here’s MY top ten list and why for each of them.
- Philip Carr-Gomm’s Weblog – One of the most frequently updated websites in my blogroll, this one is by the Chief Druid of the Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids, of which I am a member. It is always well written, most often inspirational, and definitely thought provoking. It is a daily glimpse into the mind of someone dedicated to honoring the earth through humanity, and honoring humanity with the earth.
- Reiki Share – Two sisters, one blog. Together they share their knowledge and journey about Reiki and life in general. Reading Reiki Share is like sitting down in a coffee shop and talking with friends about whatever is of interest this day. There is a depth to the sharing as well, and I really feel welcome when I visit this blog.
- Meredith Dillman Art – Meredith is a dear friend and artist, her work is both accessible and exquisitely done. She does amazing detailed illustrations in watercolor, with an emphasis on fantasy art. This blog features her latest projects and it’s well worth watching.
- Tony DiTerlizzi’s Imaginopolis Blog – The creative artist behind the hugely successful Spiderwick Chronicles has his own blog. Whenever you want to go walking through a magical place, go here.
- Wyrdsmiths – It’s all about words and the people who write them. A shining example of a group blog that’s still going strong. I’ve read some of the authors’ books and I’ve found them quite tasty. They write fiction of the mostly fantasy/SF variety.
- Head Cheese – The livejournal of Ellen Million, an Alaskan woman, artist, and entrepreneur. It’s a fascinating look into the mind and day to day grind of trying to balance creativity, business and life. She’s an inspiration to me for her willingness to be open and honest while trying to make the most out of life.
- Intent Blog – This is one by Deepak Chopra and friends. It’s all about living intentionally, acting instead of reacting, and just trying to be healthy. Everything from world issues to addiction is touched on in the blog, and it’s got a wealth of info that I just want to spend a day to dig around in when I get a chance.
- Bronwen & Frans Steine’s Amazon Blog – Reiki authors and teachers share their views on practicing Reiki. Though their home base is down under in Australia, they travel around the world teaching classes as well. In their teaching they emphasize Japanese techniques and personal practice.
- Reiki – What it all be like – An informative blog by Duane Flowers, a Reiki Master who has been living in Japan for the past 12 years. It’s organized a bit more like a website than a blog like mine, but there is some good advice found within the pages for those who are interested.
- Wild Reiki and Shamanic Healing Blog – As an animal lover, I have to say I couldn’t complete this list without having this on here. This is a new find for me and one that I’ll be adding to my blogroll. It’s by Rose De Dan who is an author, Reiki Master Teacher and animal communicator. There is a rich well of wisdom here that I’ll be drawing from over the coming months.
Well that’s my list and I’m sticking to it! I hope you enjoy these blogs as much as I do, and please don’t hesitate to comment any time you stop by.